It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 8:08 pm

Chick who wants to.. 

Post Chick who wants to..
A kind member from another forum pointed me this way. So I thought I would repost and pick some of your noggins for suggestions as well. :
Any thoughts on where to go this Christmas season for snowboarding plus kiteboarding?. I snowboard (2nd season; no black diamonds yet) and I want to try a little snow kiting if at all possible. I have some minor experience with four line power kites, but have never mated the two sports together.

I would like to head out west this holiday for 7-10 days but don't have a clue where to go. Even farther north in Canada/BC would be feasible. I've been to CO for some boarding; Winterpark/Solvista area and have been to Park City Ut. PC didn't really kick it for me as much as Winterpark did. More to do with the people and the snow conditions at the time. Anyway, this holiday is a must for an exciting time and I would appreciate all input on where to go if snowboarding is the main attraction with a chance to kite as well. Only gear I own are boots, so the rest would have to be rented. You guys are in the know, maybe for my time line, lack of experience and gear it's not reasonable to feel out the kite boarding sport. If so please let me know as I will concentrate on my boarding and hot tub soaking rather than the kite.

TIA, :)
jodanna

Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:46 am

hello jodanna, why not give Montana a try ? We have some great ski areas as well as epic kiteboarding, if you would like i can point you in the right direction, as far a places to go, and hook you up with the kiteboarding part too.

thanks, joel

Joel Beatty
Montana Kite Sports
406 459 6898
montanakitesports.com

Sat Nov 04, 2006 5:02 pm

Hi Jodana, I would definitly hook up with Joel Beatty (Montana Kite Sports) if you go to Montana. They have an awesome snowkite school and snowkiting areas close by them. WinterPark and Park city have some sick places to snowkite close by and learn how to. You pretty much have to pick which place you want to go. If you decide to go, have a snowkite instructor give you the feel on how to snowkite and guide you where to go. Most snowkite school will provide you gears and places to go snowkite. Let's us know where are you planning to go. The snowkiting forum will help you out on where to go and get help.

Pray for more snow,

Jacob Buzianis

Sat Nov 04, 2006 6:11 pm