It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:02 am

Vermont Riders? 

Post Vermont Riders?
Hey all- wondering if anyone on this forum is in or near Vermont?

I know about Rachael and Stormboarding, (Hi! If you're reading this.)

Just looking to see if there's anybody else on here...
Give a shout!

Tue Nov 18, 2008 11:59 pm

Post Re: Vermont Riders?
I am in North conway NH but am often in VT....mostly up in the Northern parts where the snow actually flies and stays for a while.....

I am going to say that those who have kited in northern VT dont talk about it much cause it is.....

see what I mean.

Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 pm

Hey!

I guess I know what you mean, I live here!

I've been playing on other people's gear for about 5 years (just a day or two a year), and will finally get my own kite this year!!

Give me a shout anytime your coming through (or PM me some of the places you ride- they may be where I'm thinking of heading or near where I live).

Also, I guide backcountry off Jay and around the Notch if you ride vertical.

Peace,
Keith
earthsurfing(at)yahoo

Mon Dec 15, 2008 9:08 pm

Check out Base Camp Outfitters at the end of the Killington VT access road. They're focused on kiting and telemark. They've got a lake in back of their store and are trying to get permission to use local hay fields. A great group of people. http://www.BaseCampVT.Com.

I see you bought a Paraski Flex kite. Nice kite! You should consider getting their 15 meter extentions in order to fly in slower winds. It opens the kite up a little. This gives you more of a lower wind range and adding / removing the extentions is easy.

Also, make some repair lines and tie them to your harness.
1) get some spare line from your friends, or buy extentions and cut 10 inches off the end of each line.
2) cut 10 inch strips,
3) melt ends into a glob with a match/tie a knot/snug the knot up to the blob so it can't slip over [look at your Paraski Flex lines to see what this looks like],
4) make 4 because they are cheap and I had someone skate over and slice 4 kite lines when they came up to ask a question. They couldn't figure out why I was mad. I only had 1 repair line with me so that ended the day.
5) How to Use: larks head the cut ends to the repair line. When you can, melt the cut ends to prevent fraying. Adjust length to match repaired line to the same line on the other side of the bridle.

Mon Jan 05, 2009 1:59 pm